Calling all Playwrights! (And people who know playwrights.)
The Lake Effect Fringe Festival is a collaboration between West Michigan theatre groups: Dog Story Theater, GEM Theatrics, Pigeon Creek Shakespeare Company, and Stark Turn Players. The first annual festival was held during the month of February, 2013 at the Dog Story Theater in Grand Rapids. The festival seeks to highlight performer-focused theater in a non-traditional theater space, creating an intimate performance experience for audiences.
Stark Turn Players, in its continuing mission to foster local artists, hosts an annual competition to become an incubator for local playwrights to have the opportunity to workshop their works and have them produced at no cost to the playwrights.
Playwrights (Student and Non-Student) in the Greater Grand Rapids Area (reside or attend school in Kent County and it’s contiguous counties) are welcome to submit their 10-Minute scripts annually to compete for production slots in our annual season. This year’s theme for the festival is Out of Time.
The Procedure is simple and relatively painless!
- There are two divisions: student and non-student.
- Playwrights submit a 10 to 15 minute short play due November 1st.
- A maximum of four scripts in each division are chosen for full production in the following February.
- Starting in January, the chosen plays begin rehearsals and development.
- At performance, the plays are adjudicated by a panel of local arts professionals.
- The Best in Show in each division will be awarded the final night of the performances.
For information on how to submit your script, judges criteria and links to information about past winters, go to www.starkturnplayers.org.
If you have any questions, feel free to contact them at: firstname.lastname@example.org